quinta-feira, 27 de janeiro de 2011

each day, each thought, counts

''If I've learned anything - and these days I feel more aware of what I have not yet learned than of what I have -- it's that my life in any given moment is exactly what I make it. If I have a positive attitude, then there is positivity in my life; if I have a negative attitude, there is negativity in my life. If I take care of my body through proper diet and exercise, I'm more likely to be happy than if I do not. If I meditate and keep my spiritual practice constantly in mind, I'm more likely to be happy than if I do not. If I forgive, I'm more likely to be happy than if I do not. I realize not only intellectually but viscerally that the purpose of our lives is to learn to be happy, and I understand my own responsibility to do and think and say the things that make happiness more probable.


Sometimes I look at the world around me and despair, as I suppose most everyone does, at the current spate of humanity's trials and tribulations. But I see enchantment and miracles and love all around me too, and I know that they are God's consistent response to the mess humanity can make of things. How tragic the suffering a wrong-minded view of the world creates, and how merciful that the universe keeps throwing us new opportunities to do things differently. I know that beyond this world is a realm of greater possibility, and the veil that separates us from there is so much thinner than we think.

Every time we see beyond the veil, we become veil-lifters for others as well. Our criticism, blame, judgment and such only thicken the veil, while forgiveness and mercy and compassion dissolve it. It really is so simple, yet sometimes so difficult. And yet it is the choice we make, every moment of every day.''


Marianne Wiliamson

Sem comentários: